My Taobao Order + Pruany Review Part One

Well first of all I' d like to say I thoroughly looked through the web on the best Taobao agent there is i mean still this is only my opinion...

So firstly for years Ive wanted to order off Taobao but obviously Taobao doesnt cater to oversea customers unless you somehow have access to chinese ID, number, address. I'd like to note that I have successfully signed up for a Taobao account AND an Alipay account, being a UK resident...so no issues there
but heres the catch even if you've managed to get that far like I did you still need a sort of "warehouse" that will be willing to pick up your items then ship to you. Well done Taobao, why cant you make your system like Gmarket?

 I mean sure you'll save money on commission and such but a warehouse will usually make money on the international shipping charge OR actually add their own commission on top of it, so really you'll be spending the same amount of money as you would with the agent, so why not pay the same amount but with the added help and without hassle.

 So here it is I'll review two agents I've weighed against each other:

  Tabaoring.com
 PRO-
Great Reviews
They also have a customer testomonial section on their website
Great Communication (...kind of)
 So the only way to effectively communicate with taobao is through the memo message to taobao section in your order, they aim to reply to your message within 24 hours but for me personally tahts happened like 20% of the time.
Offers cheaper shipping methods
 Ive heard great things about taobaoring; Beckii Cruel has used it and she reccommends SAL shipping which even though is adviced as 1month-3months delivery she says its takes 2 weeks for her Ive also had other bloggers who have used SAL from asia to UK say it took around the same time, so i was quite confident into saving money by choosing SAL option. Heres the hard part though... NOT ALL Taobao Agents offer SAL or China Airmail...or should i say the "cheaper shipping methods" unless you ask them personally if they do but a presetting they dont.
Great Order system
Its all done online, just look for items yourself on taobao equipped with the translating function and just copy and paste the URL with your preferences.

CONS
Hidden Charges
Taobaoring only charges 8% commision which is great... one of cheapest agents you can find HOWEVER what they dont tell you uphand unless you take matter in your own hands is there is a compulsary charge for each item for domestic shipping (15Yuan) which doesnt seem like alot at first but if youre a person like me who likes to you the "get similar/getsame" button on taobao to gett he cheapest possible alternative for your product...it coems up as a lot. So even if you realise thsi issue and message Taobaoring about it sying certain items you wanted offer FREE shipping, they will link you to a page saying that they HAVE to charge 15Yuan domestic shipping per shop whether you like it or not.
 This put me off Taobaoring.

 Annnnnd heres the Agent I went with as you can see in the title Pruany!!
PROs
Charges
Like Taobaoring they have 8% commission not too bad BUT get this Pruany offers 55% off EMS shipping bot only that but if you compare the shipping cost estimator as that of taobaoring the same size package would cost less for SAL on Pruany than it would for Sal on Taobaoring.
No Hidden Charges (...weeellll)
 Pruany doesnt have a compulsary 15yuan domestic shipping charge if the item offers FREE SHIPPING pruany will edit the item as FREE SHIPPING...simple right? Obviously the only thing you have to remember as do all agents is that there is normally a Paypal or debit/credit card charge so if youre on a budget leave a few £/$ left over to cover that enough for pay for Part one or order AAANDD Part two
Great Reviews Consistant Business Times (?)
This could be seen as good OR bad since sometiems theyre a little later than they should be or a little earlier and sometimes their closing hours differ.
Online Chat (?) 
I will admit theyre not always responsive and someone called Zui always handles me but he/she always is honest such as when a seller is dodgy or like when the items are out of stock. You also know customer service genuinely nice when like you emoji's ...whats not to like :)
 Con Online Order system
Its not the worst Ive encountered but not the best because like Taobaoring it doesnt show discounts...you'll have to wait a day or two for the discount to appear and unlike taobaoring there are no drop down tabs for item size/colour/etc you'll have to post that in the "remarks" section.

So!! Here's the much more slightly more...fun part

I took 2 weeks deciding what i wanted weighing up the price difference between Pruany and Taobaoring... 

06/04/14---07/04/14 I made my initial payment for domestic shipping+items+servicecharge+paypalfee

08/04/14---09/04/14 Some items for out of stock...dodgy seller...price difference than stated so i was refund the difference and i paid the price difference. Pruany was nice enough to explain each essue in a message tab for each item. For left over money I decided to look for other items to replace the loss.

10/04/14---Currently Everything is sorted out half my items have arrived in the warehouse...now I'm waiting for the other half. Here is what I ordered:


ofcourse I'll only go into detail about them until I can hold them in my hands :D Im not sure atm about How much these would weigh altogether but I have an idea it wont be more than 10kg...
since ive looked at so many "HUGE HAULS" and have come to the conclusion that my definition of huge is different since most of these hauls arent even that huge more like "normal days worth of shopping amount haul"...am I the only one that thinks that?

 I was so excited about biting the bullet and going with Pruany, I already have a shopping cart full of things on Taobao.com ready for the next Haul.

  Until Next Time. Mwah

update: the leather book bag seems to not adhere with the promised shipping time so unfortunately i wont be receiving that item :(

5 Comments

  1. Thank you so much for the detailed review! I used TBR before and like you I was annoyed with the hidden domestic fees >___> Definitely will try Pruany now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou!! I find it so hard finding super detailed hauls on taobao, let me know how you get on with pruany :D

      Delete
  2. I ordered for a long time. but rcentlyu they lost my items and ididn't admit that/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had that experience with them a few months ago they shipped out a small order by china post and it never arrived :( i just sort of didnt bother to cause conflict and switched agents. Im now with bhiner :)

      Delete
  3. Have been using pruany since year 2013. it was great before but it has gone from bad to worse. Terrible attitude, slow customer service experience (1 week to buy 1 item), with ever increasing high hidden charges (your currency->USD->CNY)+their service charge rate+ they get alot of discounts with their taobao account but dont discount your items for you. they "claim" that you are only charged a fixed service charge rate but essentially you pay about double/triple of that with their hidden charges like them making cheap profits by offering you a bad exchange rate.
    I advise everyone to steer clear of this website and use the warehouse shipment method which i will be switching to (you order yourself and gather items in 3rd party warehouse, then send all the goods to your country in one shot) only shipment/packing fee apply, no service charges.

    ReplyDelete